Re: How to send signals from kernel space to user space.

You can send a signal from a device driver or a module in kernel to user space and be able to catch it with a signal handler thru fasync system call you can implement in a device driver. I have done it before and was able to send, for example, SIGIO signal to my user program and catch it with a signal handler. It works and reliable. Just search for it on the internet or look at the book Linux Device Driver 2nd edition.

Parag N(परा�) <panemade@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Narendra,
Whatever you are asking is not related to kernel. Already
there is command on linux ,lsusb that shows you information about all
USB buses in the system and all devices connected to them.
regards,
Parag.

On 12/23/05, Narendra V Kulkarni wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>

> I am newbie to linux. We are developing an embedded application. We are
> plugging a USB mass storage device. We are using a devfs to create a device
> entry. I want to mount the USB device as soon as the device is attached and
> recognised. For this i want to send use a signal handler to signal the
> insertion of the device, so that i can mount it.
>
> Please help me in this
>

> thanks in advance,
> Narendra
>

> --