Re: Error in inserting module

Hi
> I want to study the basic design of file
> system using ramfs. I am inserting functions step by step & also
> inserting printk , so that i can find the flow of particular commands
> like mkdir or functions like open,read etc. Even though i can use these
> functions from fs/inode.c i don't want to disturb kernel code every
> time, which will require to compile kernel every time. By using only
> specific code in my file i can precisely understand the working. But now
> i am stuck at this point. Do u know any better solution? Plz convey me.

I was looking for such a solution the last year when i was first exploring the filesystem kernel code .. but i found that using a cross reference code browser like "http://lxr.linux.no" reading the source code from the entry point i.e. from the syscall of what you want to study like mkdir rmdir open .. and following the flow from the syscall back to it is the best way to understand the way it works
the first function took me about 4 hours to follow !!, but the second took about 20 minutes !!
This was the solution for me
good luck
MHD.Tayseer