Re: Assigning priority to work queues linux 2.6

hello Vidya...

> I am writing a small module which creates 4 work queues(task queues
> in 2.4version).
> Now my question is how to assign priority among these work queues.

IIRC, all work queues are handled by keventd kernel thread in FIFO
style, in other word, the first work queue that is queue, it will be
executed by keventd first.

So, your choice is either do  manual ordering between those work queue,
or create other worker thread by yourself and manually set different
nice priority between those worker threads..

Hope it helps

regards

Mulyadi