Re: Re: kernel thread blocked in sock_recvmsg() not kill-able

hello...

> if pending signals are being checked only when switching back to user
> space, why it's allowed to use signals in kernel space (between
> kernel objects) .. i've read once that in kernel space you can't use
> signals , correct me please

Honestly I really don't know the core idea why it's allowed to use
signals between kernel objects. IMHO, if the kernel objects is working
on behalf of a process, maybe the signal is useful, but if not (e.g
working in interrupt context), I don't see any usefulness as signal is
always queued to certain task_struct.

Check ret_from_syscall in entry.S, this is where I got the above
conclusion. But again, you can CMIIW.

regards

Mulyadi