Re: .h files

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 05:31:53PM +0100, Dirk H?nniger wrote:
> GKH:
> >Because the kernel is already marked up using kerneldoc, a much smaller
> >and simpler variation of Doxygen.  Try 'make psdocs' in the kernel tree
> >to see all of the output of this.
> >

> Yes kerneldoc looks beautiful to me and ush.h and usb-serial.h are
> marked up very well.
>
> But just for fun I did:
> grep -r kernel-source-2.6.8/drivers/usb/*/*.h "@"
> and looked at a some .h files in the usb directry directly.
> And all I saw is that most of the files are not marked up at all.
> Are they? If not: can I help to do that?

Only the public interfaces are documented, as that is what is needed.
You don't have to document each individual driver in this format, as
there really isn't that many people that care about this.

For USB, we should have all of the public functions documented, and you
can verify this by looking in the usb documentation that is created by
the kernel build system:
	make psdocs
	then look at Documentation/DocBook/usb.ps

If anything is missing there, I will gladly take patches to help fill in
the missing pieces.

Feel free to look at other subsystems too, they should show up in the
big kernel-api.ps generated file.

thanks,

greg k-h