skb_put() causes the system to loop

Hi,

I am working on linux kernel 2.6.13.4. I am trying to append some data along with the tcp acknowledgement packet.In the
tcp_send_ack () function I have modified the function as follows.

1)
// Modified: Increased size by 100
        buff = alloc_skb(2*MAX_TCP_HEADER, GFP_ATOMIC);
// End of modified code

2)
// Modified Code
        unsigned char *data = ""> // End of modified code

I have added a printk statement in the beginning of the function to inform me whenever the function is called. However after doing the above mentioned changes and on recompiling the kernel , my system keeps looping within the  tcp_send_ack () function. ( The /var/log/messages were full of my printk statements)

I also developed a simple socket program  that transmits "hello world" to the client through tcp sockets. After making the above changes I do not recieve the correct data at the reciever end.

Attached is the modified file. Could you please let me know if I am doing something wrong .

regards,
Sam