Re: System Calls

> Also when is the kernel stack for a process created ? Is it when the
> process is created or when the process comes to the kernel mode on
> invoking a system call ?

The process descriptor is 2 pages long (8k), or 1 page (4k) when
configured otherwise. At the "top" (lowest address) resides the process
descriptor in all its glory, from bottom up the kernel stack grows
associated with that process, where system calls associated with this
process have their stack space.

The stack space is there, when the process is started. How it is
initialized further on I cannot tell you.

With kind regards,
Oliver Korpilla