RE:mkinitrd image output problem

On 11/17/05, nikola <nikola@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
!!!!First
If I am on bad track for asking this question in this list then I am really sorry.

Problem:

I have builded new 2.6.8 kernel, and I wanted to create initrd so I used mkinird command
with -o options and 2.6.8-custom mod version.

mkinird? or mkinitrd?

mkinitrd doesn't creates image , but when i use option to leave temporary files in /tmp/mkinitrd.xxxx
and do copy of that image to /boot dir , and setup menu.list for grub it works all well, kernel boots,
everything works fine.

if you mean a root file system, the following link may help
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Bootdisk-HOWTO/buildroot.html

So why doesn't mkinitrd creates proper image with -o option i specified dir?

I run following

Debian 3.1
2.6.8 (debian kernel)
all other stuff from default stable distro 3.1

tnx.
vnikola.

Archive:       http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/
FAQ:           http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/