Re: memory descriptor of threads

On Sunday 06 November 2005 15:19, Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
>  IIRC, this is called Thread Local Storage...in other word, variable which
> is defined to be unique for different threads. In that case, look for VMA
> that maps to .tbss segment. I might be wrong here, consult "objdump" to see
> if I am correct or not
>  regards
>  Mulyadi Santosa

I've read in "Programming with POSIX Thread" that data included in TLS have to
be explicitly indicated;  i.e., to make a variable a thread-specific data,
we've to call some library functions by which we indicate that this variable
is to put into the TLS.
But I'm monitoring threads without knowing their source code and I need to
understand the way I can get local variables' pages inside the shared memory
descriptor.
Can anyone help me?
regards.
Vincenzo Mallozzi.