memory descriptor of threads

Hi all,
I've some questions about threads' memory descriptor.
I know that threads share the same memory descriptor.
The application I'm developing saves the shared memory descriptor of some
threads I'm monitoring.
Now, I need to modify this program in order to not save the local variables of
each thread but I don't know what is the vma of the shared memory descriptor
that contains local variables of each threads.
How can I select this vma? This vma contains other informations? What are
these informations?

Really Thanks.
Vincenzo Mallozzi.

P.S. I thought that this vma is the one that begins with a 'b' character, but
I'm not really sure

http://mail.yahoo.it