Re: GRUB support to load an eCos image to target platform

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 11:34:00 +0530, indira wrote:
>  I  build an eCos image(redboot.elf,redboot.bin) for i386 pc with
> startup type as GRUB.I want it to run on soekris board.I disabled Video
> support(console) and used port0 as default console channel.
>
> On the flash I burned Grub bootloader and made it run from the board.I
> got grub prompt(as seen from the minicom) and now I want to load my eCos
> image from my pc to the soekris board on which grub is running.

You should better ask on the Grub mailing list. GRUB is NOT related to
linux kernel.

> To load eCos image from my PC:
>
> I configured the board with some IP
> grub>ifconfig --address--  --mask----
> grub>tftpserver my pc ip
> grub>root (nd)
> grub>kernel (nd)/redboot.elf(path of the image on my pc)
> error:CANNOT FIND MOUNTABLE PARTITION
> grub>boot
> error:kernel must be loaded before booting.
>
> It is given that menu.lst must be customised to load the image and it is
> said that we can also do it from the command line of grub.
>
>  I want to know whether it is necessary to put menu.lst in the flash
> under boot directory and if yes what I should change.

Did you notice the error?!? It can't find the device, (nd). It's
probably called differently, or it is a different device than where GRUB
is installed and you didn't provide appropriate stage1.5 loader.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb@xxxxxx>