GRUB support to load an eCos image to target platform

Hi all,

 I  build an eCos image(redboot.elf,redboot.bin) for i386 pc with
startup type as GRUB.I want it to run on soekris board.I disabled Video
support(console) and used port0 as default console channel.

On the flash I burned Grub bootloader and made it run from the board.I
got grub prompt(as seen from the minicom) and now I want to load my eCos
image from my pc to the soekris board on which grub is running.

I tried the following way:(as given in the site I searched )

prepared IDE:
-------------
1.mke2fs /dev/hde1
mount /dev/hde1 /mnt
cd /mnt
created boot directory,inside it created grub directory and copied
stage1 and stage2 of grub
umount /mnt
grub-install /dev/hde

and I made it run on soekris board and I got GRUB prompt.

To load eCos image from my PC:

I configured the board with some IP
grub>ifconfig --address--  --mask----
grub>tftpserver my pc ip
grub>root (nd)
grub>kernel (nd)/redboot.elf(path of the image on my pc)
error:CANNOT FIND MOUNTABLE PARTITION
grub>boot
error:kernel must be loaded before booting.

It is given that menu.lst must be customised to load the image and it is
said that we can also do it from the command line of grub.

 I want to know whether it is necessary to put menu.lst in the flash
under boot directory and if yes what I should change.

 Thanks in advance
 indira..