FAQ simple inconsistency

Hi

http://www.kernelnewbies.org/faq/#compile
says:
 Unpack the tarball in your /usr/src directory

Later on in the kernel headers entry there's a link to a mail by Linus
who says:

 I would suggest that people who compile new kernels should:
 - NOT do so in /usr/src. Leave whatever kernel (probably only the
   header files) that the distribution came with there, but don't touch
   it.
 - compile the kernel in their own home directory, as their very own
   selves. No need to be root to compile the kernel. You need to be root
   to _install_ the kernel, but that's different.

And then goes on to say:
 Is there some documentation file that I've not updated and that people
 are slavishly following outdated information in? I don't read the
 documentation myself, so I'd never notice ;)

(ref: http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0007.3/0587.html)

Should the Kernelnewbies FAQ be promoting something that was deprecated
in Jul 2000 <grin>

I suggest (almost) globally substituting "~/kernel" for "/usr/src" would
work (and would require no additional typing)
(The exception is in the 'What is System.map" where /usr/src should be
retained)

David

PS Apologies if I've missed something here and there's a good reason for
compiling in /usr/src...
Also this isn't the wiki so I can't fix it :(