Re: Question on schedule() function

On 9/16/05, Timur Tabi <timur.tabi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can I use the schedule() function to suspend my driver to allow a user-space process to
> run?  I have an application that simulates my hardware, and it runs with 100% CPU.  It
> polls on a memory buffer to see if the driver has written any data to this.  Yes, it's
> inefficient, but it has the advantage of completely de-coupling the driver from the simulator.

Can you explain what you are doing ??? like how u are sharing buffer
b/w user/kernel space, whats the method of polling b/c you are saying
completely de-coupling the driver from the simulator ???

> Sometimes the driver needs to pause to allow the simulator to run.  Can I use the
> schedule() function for this?  If I call schedule() in my driver, what can I do to make
> sure that my user process runs before schedule() returns?

Whats your driver do ??? Is it working constantly means in a loop ??
b/c mostly driver fucntions are call-backed from the kernel side !!!
and if your driver is doing work in thread then you might be doing
schedule already !!!

--
Fawad Lateef