Re: Re: ERROR : kernel module verison mismatch

Hello

> this is such bad advice it's not funny ;) Don't do this!
>
> all that's needed is to fix the typo in the include line:
>
> -I /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include

First of all, sorry if I give wrong impression on my earlier post. The
fault is solely mine.

You're correct that "-I" typo should be fixed. Also, from what Chintan
said, I got impression that he use the kernel source RPM packaged in RH
9 CDs and he was running the default RH 9 stock kernel too. From that
assumption (and IIRC), the running kernel and the installed kernel
source is actually identical. The real difference is only in the
Makefile:
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 4
SUBLEVEL = 20
EXTRAVERSION = -19.9custom // --> this is the difference

I am not suggesting to replace VERSION, PATCHLEVEL and the SUBLEVEL. I
was just suggesting to throw out "custom" string from EXTRAVERSION if
there is any (sorry if this isn't clear from my initial post).

Of course, I am not 100% sure that it will solve Chintan's problem, but
reading his last line :
"I have also compiled the kernel by disabling CONFIG_MODVERSIONS ,
insmod gives the same error on this newly compiled kernel. i.e linux
2.4..20-8Custom"

I had big suspicion that was actually the root of the problem.

regards

Mulyadi