Re: make menuconfig when building a kernel with SSH

John Que wrote:
Hello,

  There are times when I need to build a kernel when a monitor is not
connected to it ; so I am connecting by SSH and try to begin the kernel build process.

Now, many times it happens that I should build a kernel from scratch and I should run "make menuconfig" to set the configuration I need. And many times , after connecting via SSH and starting "make menuconfig" I see gibrish (sometimes it is
immediately when starting , and sometimes after entering some submenus).

Is there a way to overcome this ?

Regards
John

This sounds like a poor connection somewhere between your local computer and the remote computer you are doing the build on. I do this sort of thing quite often, and I never have this problem. One thing I might suggest is starting up screen on the remote system before you start the process. This way if the connection is gets lost for some reason you should be able to just reconnect and pick up where you left off.

--
   kr