Re: new to the Linux kernel world

On 9/2/05, Linto <lintos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>                 I'm new to the Linux kernel world and want better starting
> point. What I know from my current knowledge is that I need to start from
> bootsect.s then head.s then setup.s
>
>   I want to know that my assumption is correct or not?

Don't start with .s files ..... these are assembly files specific to
the architecture and its better to start with general operating things
and .c files ;) . Just start with the Operating System Concepts and
study the books related to Linux Kernel like Understanding the Linux
Kernel, Linux Kernel 2.4 Internals, Linux Kernel Development  by
Robert Love etc ..... Some of the good Linux Kernel books are free to
download, get then by searching on the google .....

--
Fawad Lateef