Message Queue

We are planning to use System V message queue as primary IPC for
our project. We would like to know the following information

1. Performance impact of using message queues
2. We are changing the system configuration to take the max
message queue size of 2 MB instead of default 16K. Will this
have any impact on system performance.

3. We have a design where a sender process pumps 1MB of data
into message queue continuously and the reader reads each
message and processes the same. We are planning to use message
queue between this sender and receiver process.Is message queue
a right choice for this ? If not, what are the drawbacks ?

4. In our system, we are creating 8 message queues of size 500KB
each and a single 2MB message queue. In the worst case all the
message queues are always filled up.  Will the performance be
affected in this case.

-Thanks

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more