Re: sysfs in cdev

Greg KH wrote:

It is SPI datakey flash device driver.

Then I suggest you work with the developer who is posting patches to
linux-kernel about creating a SPI subsystem.  That would make your life
a whole lot easier (don't have to create the individual devices, bus
stuff is done for you, sysfs stuff is done for you, etc.)

I've seen the SPI patch and I have some doubts of my own. I've created my SPI I2C like subsystem some time ago and what I learned is, that SPI (a not standardised) protocol is implemented by each manufacturer by its own interpretaion. The result is very 'flexible' way of data flow, too flexible.

In my case - datakey SPI flash device outputs its first bit on the SO line right after last SI bit from the host is recieved. In contrast to a 'normal' (hard to say which is normal, too) SPI devices which wait one bit and then send out first SO bit... Another SPI device that my embedded board holds has yet another style for data flow, sigh.

I have SPI stuff in three little functions here and will wait till SPI patch is at least reposted for the time being - there was alot of issues posted in that thread.

Thank you,
hinko

--
Hinko Kocevar, embedded systems developer
Iskra Medical d.o.o., Stegne 23, 1k LJ, SLO-EU

	"Aì rén"	|	[Analects XII:22]