Re: sysfs in cdev

Greg KH wrote:

struct cdev is not represented in sysfs, so there is no place in sysfs
to create files based on it, sorry.  Use the struct device or struct
driver for that.

Are you suggesting that I should embedd both struct cdev and struct device in my struct my_device?

Otherwise I can't use cdev_init, cdev_add and similar for cdev registration if I'm understanding this right and need to use old-style (as seen in LDD3 chapter3.4.2. The Older Way) char device registration which it is supposed to be removed in the future.

regards,
hinko

--
Hinko Kocevar, embedded systems developer
Iskra Medical d.o.o., Stegne 23, 1k LJ, SLO-EU

	"Aì rén"	|	[Analects XII:22]