Re: Problem booting the kernel -- no tty

Hi!

These are the messages displayed regarding the ttys. Note that tty0 is not
listed. But while loading the default keymap it says
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 162: /dev/tty0: No such file or directory.
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 39: /dev/tty1: No such file or directory
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 39: /dev/tty2: No such file or directory
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 39: /dev/tty3: No such file or directory
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 39: /dev/tty4: No such file or directory
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 39: /dev/tty5: No such file or directory

I have 2 partitions as ext2, the root and my home. The other partition where
CVS directory and my backups are present is an ext3 partition. I built the
kernel with ext3 partition. But I am not sure is I included it in kernel or
made a LKM.

One more thing, for drivers should I build the kernel with versioning support
or not?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
--Himanshu