Re: Problem booting the kernel -- no tty

Hey Himanshu,
  Make sure that you have compiled ext3 filesystem support within the
kernel and not as a module. Also make sure, you have compiled in the
support for your hard-disk drivers.
   I am not sure about tty nodes problem yet, but pasting your kernel
messages over here will help.

  Namaste,

   Sameer