Re: Page Fault Handler Hijacking and Oops

Alle 14:48, giovedì 4 agosto 2005, Arjan van de Ven ha scritto:

> hmm this looks like you're trying to write a rootkit.
> I'm not going to help you with that.

Oh NO! I'm developing my thesys' project reguarding model checking on
multithread programs.
The project's name is MTPMC(Multi-Thread Programs Model Checker) and its goal
is to do a automatic validation of multithreaded programs, in other word I've
to execute threads sharing the same memory descriptor and then I need to
store the status of each thread to create system states giving me the
possibilities to return to a previous situation on the sistem.
The page fault exception handler hijacking is needed as I've to create such a
snapshot of the system when one of the threads tries to write on the shared
memory descriptor. To do this I've to write-protect the whole memory
descriptor and, when the thread tries to write on it, a page fault exception
is caught and I store in a list the page that causes the page fault and I
stop the process. Then I proceed to snapshot the system and store it on a
system stack.

I hope I've explained well my project. I've to finish my project next week and
I've already some problems like the one described in the previous emails.
Vincenzo Mallozzi.

http://mail.yahoo.it