Re: Help in Encrypted File System

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.
Q: Should I leave quotations after my reply?

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 03:03:43PM +0530, Anurag Verma wrote:
> Hi
> I dint reply to free memory thread.

The headers in your message show you most certainly did:

There you go: the In-Reply-To header tells you replied to a message
with message ID f1601547050727162131c85629@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, the
References header tells more about the other messages your message
refers to.

Also have a look at the mailing list archive which shows your question
in the "How much memory is really free" thread instead of starting a
new thread:
http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/2005-07/ .

> All webbased emails are blocked by my office proxy so thatsy i m using
> this mail id.

You're doomed. Either get rid of the annoying disclaimer or use a webmail
service.

> Sorry for inconvenience.

You can't be bothered to start a new message, deny it when pointed out,
have a very low signal/noise ratio due to stupid disclaimers, and you
don't know how to reply properly (top posting and overquoting).
I wouldn't call this "inconvenience" anymore...

Erik

--
Erik Mouw
J.A.K.Mouw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  mouw@xxxxxxxxxxxx