Re: NTFS mount problem

Hi all
This solution worked fine for me as i dint need to recompile the kernel.
Thank u very much guys.
Regards
Anurag
On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 18:55, Bhanu Kalyan Chetlapalli wrote:
> You can download an RPM which installs the module for RedHatLinux 9
> from http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/redhat9.html and install
> it.
>
> Check the file /proc/filesystems to see if NTFS is listed in it. Then
> mount the partition as Chris pointed out.
>
> Also to mount it on every boot, add this line to the file /etc/fstab
>
> /dev/hdaXX    /mnt/partition       ntfs   defaults        0 0
>
> hope that helps.
>
> Bhanu.
>
> On 7/26/05, Chris Graig <cgraig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 26 Jul 2005 17:56:35 +0530, Anurag Verma <averma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi
> > > I have installed windows xp and linux both on my laptop.
> > > Laptop is having intel architecture.
> > > Linux Kernel is  2.4.20-8.
> > > Can anybody know, how to provide support for NTFS filesytem.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Anurag
> >
> > Make sure you have NTFS support compiled either in the kernel or as a
> > module.  If it is compiled as a module, which I recommend, make sure
> > it is loaded.  You can check if it's loaded by doing an lsmod.  You
> > can check if it's compiled in the kernel or as a module by grepping
> > for it in your kernel .config file:
> >
> > grep NTFS .config
> >
> > CONFIG_NTFS_FS=m
> > # CONFIG_NTFS_RW is not set
> >
> > If I recall correctly, the version of NTFS that comes with the 2.4.20
> > kernel is only a read-only version.  There is write support for it,
> > however it is very dangerous to use and not recommended.
> >
> > If it is installed correctly, here is the way to mount a NTFS filesystem:
> >
> > mkdir /mnt/ntfs
> > mount /dev/hdXX /mnt/ntfs -t ntfs -r
> >
> > XX obviously being the hard drive letter and partition number for the
> > NTFS drive.
> >
> > For more info: http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > --
> > Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel.
> > Archive:       http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/
> > FAQ:           http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/

Network Programs is a SEI-CMM Level 5 & ISO 9001: 2000 Certified Company
The information contained in this communication (including any attachments) is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed
and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by responding to this email and delete it from your system.
Network Programs (India) Limited is neither liable for the proper and complete
transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any
delay in its receipt.