Re: problem with 2.4.30

hi!!
thanks  for your help.
now all my network modules are working and i can enable all the interfaces.
But still module for iptables is not loaded properly.
iptables is installed in the machine.but when i issue iptables -L command it gives following error:

modeprobe: can't locate ip_tables module.
iptables v1.2.7a:can't initialize iptables table 'filter:
perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

network packet filtering option is enabled at the time of kernel compilation through make menuconfig.

Does any one have any idea about this?

Thanks in advace,
pavan.
Tetsuo Handa wrote:

Hi,

After that i compiled and upgraded to 2.4.30 kernel.But under this kernel none of my ethernet cards are detected?

You need to choose some options at 'make menuconfig'.
Options you need to choose are

 Network Device Support --->
   Ethernet (10 or 100Mbit) --->
     PCI NE2000 and clones support (see help)
     DECchip Tulip (dc21x4x) PCI support
     RealTek RTL-8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter support