module dependencies in Kconfigs

How does one add Kconfig entries to insure that 2 modules,
if both being built, are either both builtins, or both loadable modules ?

Ex 1.

a patch I recently tried out was Kconfigd as a built-in, ie boolean,
but it depended on a module that is tristate, which I had built as a module.
This caused linker failures.

Ex 2.

2 modules A, B both depend on C.  C.o is added to Kconfig's obj-($FOO) lines
(after A.o or B.o respectively), insureing it gets built.

Problem occurrs if A & B are not built the same, ie either as M or Y consistently,
otherwize linker errors ensue.

Its not enough to use 'depends', as that only hides config options from the
config-guis, it doesnt do a post-config verification of values.