Re: What is going on? Why is nobody handling this terrible spam situation??

Sanjar Jalilov wrote:
> Geula Stoliar wrote:
>> I subscribed here to learn how to work with kernels. Instead, I’m being
>> swamped with spam. You guys are very quick to jump on someone who
>> accidentally wrote the answer above the question, or asked something
>> which can be found independently after 3 weeks of search on the ‘net.
>> How about handling THIS situation??
>> G.
>
> Hi,
> mail handling and SPAM filtering is task of the mail-list maintainers.
> I will probably leave the list if it will stay in same condition.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sanjar

First, I believe that the maintainer(s) of this list are probably doing
so on a volunteer basis. I also believe that he/(they?) are doing a fine
job of it. It is an almost insurmountable task to maintain a list such
as this with ALMOST no spam.  It is one thing to try to offer
suggestions in order to help the situation. It is quite another for some
CLUELESS INDIVIDUALS WHO DON'T KNOW JACK ABOUT THE SITUATION to sit back
and whine about the VERY FEW messages that got through before Rick
quickly put a stop to them. If you really are here to learn, perhaps it
would be beneficial to do one of those 3 week searches on the net for
"mailing list etiquette" and stop adding to the noise as I have done
here. ;-)

--
   kr