Regarding Netfilter kernel code wrt firewalling rules

Hi,

I have been reading net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.c to find out
how i can retrieve information that are display by iptables (via
libiptc) in the kernel.

I would like to clarify a couple of doubts. I noticed that in
/sbin/iptables, it displays firewalling rules by the number of
chains you have. When I look at the kernel code, it seems like
these rules are linked to a table.

I am trying to retrieve the same information that i can see in
/sbin/iptable -vL, in the kernel, and I am wondering if you can
give me some hints/clues as to how I can do that.

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 608 packets, 47499 bytes)
pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source destination

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 400 packets, 210K bytes)
pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source destination

Really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Kathy