kmalloc max allocation size, netlink max buffer zise

Hi everyone:
in the 2.6 kernel:
1- what is the maximum size i can kmalloc it in kernel ?
2- what is the maximum size that netlink socket is capable of sending in one shot ? i've googled but the results was an out of date articles (latest was 2002) so i'm not sure that the limitation they were mentioning is still exists (the articles where saying about 2Mb of maximum malloc size in kernel 2.2 2.3)

if you wanna know why should i need large kmalloc and large netlink msg size cause I'm implementing the vfs call : ssize_t my_fs_write(int gfd, const char __user * data, size_t count, loff_t * offset) and the actual file system implementation is in user level (user-level file server) so i have to copy the data from user to kernel and then send it via netlink socket to the userlevel file system server
Thanks in advance
MHD