Re: Unresolved symbol

>   Building modules, stage 2.
>   MODPOST
> *** Warning: "request_irq" [drivers/misc/samira/samirainterface.ko]
> undefined!
> *** Warning: "free_irq" [drivers/misc/samira/samirainterface.ko] undefined!
> *** Warning: "outsw" [drivers/misc/samira/samirainterface.ko] undefined!
>   CC      drivers/misc/samira/samirainterface.mod.o
> drivers/misc/samira/.samirainterface.mod.o.d: done.
>   LD [M]  drivers/misc/samira/samirainterface.ko
> make: Leaving directory
>
> Because of the missing symbols it's impossible to load the driver.
> Why are these symbols undefined? How can they be defined?

It might be that the kernel version you are using has not exported
these symbols, in this case you need to export these symbols
explicitly using EXPORT_SYMBOL macro in the relevent files of the
kernel sources and then re-compile the kernel and boot your machine
with new kernel image, then try to load the module.

Before doing all this, just check if your current kernel has expoted
these symbols or not. Do grep the function name into file /proc/ksyms.
If these function names are not present there in this file that means
these are not exported.

Hey guys correct me if i am wrong anywhere.

-gd