Re: How Kernel module

On 24 May 2005 05:16:49 -0000, jhoney jhoney
<jhoney_joney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hello All,
>
>  When application runs ,it can not access the kernel memory but when the
> module for the corresponding application runs in kernel mode , it has access
> to kernel memory.

kernel module is a part of kernel code itself once its loaded into the
memory, its linked to the kernel core image in memory by insmod.
kernel module can be used by any process running in user space by
making a specific system call which might lead the control of
execution to module code.

-gd