RAID and LVM without config files.

Hello,

Is it possible to know what partitions are the member of
RAID and LVM without config files (i.e. /etc/raidtab and /etc/lvm/*)?

I want to make a remote backup/restore utility.
(Boot via PXE, pass initrd with sshd, login via ssh,
 mount HDD, and backup/restore.)
I want to backup/restore all files using afio
including RAID and LVM partitions, but I don't know
'how to know the member of RAID and LVM partitions'.

If fdisk says

Partition:    ID:
/dev/sda1     fd
/dev/sda2     fd
/dev/sda3     fd
/dev/sda5     8e
/dev/sda6     8e
/dev/sda7     8e
/dev/sda8     8e
/dev/sda9     8e

can I somehow know what partitions are the member of /dev/md0, /dev/md1,
and what partitions are the member of /dev/vg00 and /dev/vg01
without config files?
Is some persistent information kept within these partitions
and kernel can detect these information without config files?

Regards.