Automated make question

Hello fellow Newbies!!!

So I've been working on the 2.4 and 2.6 kernels for about a year now.
Still feel like I know NOTHING!  :)

What I want to do is have an automated nightly build of my kernel.
Right now, in my source control, is a "clean" version of the kernel
source (ie. make clean, make mrpoper)

What I am finding is that I need to run either make xconfig or make
menuconfig to create the autoconf.h file and setup the asm directory.

Can someone tell me how to do this without any "human" interaction?
Will make oldconfig do the trick for me?

Thanks.
-stv