Re: Calling sys_sysinfo from sched.c

On Tue, 3 May 2005, A.M. Fradley wrote:

> So that's what I think I can use to activate/deactivate the swap token
> mechanism.  I'm not sure how accurate it is bit it definatly seems to
> notice when there's a lot of programs opening and closing.  It's hard to
> tell if this is a good way of measuring the vm pressure/load or not at
> the moment.  If anyone knows of something that can stress test this, I
> could get a better idea.

One thing you could do is apply your patch and run your own
workstation and other systems with it for a while, just to
make sure no harm is done.

Another thing is look through the archives on lkml and see
which workloads benefit from the swap token and which
workloads got harmed by it - then you can run both workloads
on your system, and see whether your code switches the swap
token on and off during the right workloads.