SMP kernel

Hello there,

                 I have written a module which registers a character device . and in the open function I put it into a wait queue (interruptible_sleep_on).

I load one more module which also registers the character device and in its open fuction I wake the first process in sleep. (wake_up).

Here am successfully able to wake up only on a UP kernel and not on a SMP kernel !!!  whats are the fundaments am missing ?

Thanks with regards

Srinivas Bakki

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."