Proc and sys files formats help?

Proc files are very useful to monitor kernel running status. But the outputs of proc files are meaningless unless you know what the outputs stand for. for example the output of the "/proc/modules", does the hex address at the end of each line represent the starting address in the kernel or what?

Since 2.6, the sys files are added. I have the same problem too. It's too difficult to understand the output of sys files.

Just want to ask Where I can find the docs for the output format of these files. ( I don't want to hacking into kernel source to find it out.)