Re: PCI address space

thanks saroj,

I  am bit confused.

1) The PCI conf space will contain registers like vendor ID,device ID ..... will vendor doesnot provide this.

2) so inside a PCI peripheral we have this PCI conf space .Is it that I am telling PCI subsystem that to allocate some address space for the device.If it is so then we have a conf register like Interrupt pin register and interrupt line register if we fill this then we tell PCI subsystem to route our interrupt on this line using interrupt controller.

3)If we doesnot provide the base address registre value then is it that PCI subsystem will provide the address for the PCI device in the system memory.

4) Please tell me the functionality of pci subsystem as I am beginner in this area.

thanks indiraa