Re: Mapping Files in kernel space

--- Erik Mouw <J.A.K.Mouw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Only spammers use HTML email. You are not a spammer,
> so don't use HTML
> email, especially not to mailing lists, where it
> wastes resources.
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 04:54:59AM -0800, Anup J
> wrote:
> >  I wanted to map files into kernel space just like
> mapping files in
> >  user space using mmap. Can anybody please help me
> out in this...
>
> Don't read/write/mmap files in kernel space. If you
> think you need it,
> it is a sign of flawed design. Rethink your design
> in such a way that
> you don't need to access files.
Thanks Erik,
  Actually i am new to mailing lists so sorry abt
that.

 I wanted to permanently store some values in the file
and read it from the module so that the values are not
lost even after reboot. Is there anyother method to
workaround this?. But the file size is big. Doing a
fileoperation read is slow. Can the file can be mapped
into user space where the module can access?.