Re: Mapping Files in kernel space

 On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:39:29 +0200, Erik Mouw
<J.A.K.Mouw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Don't read/write/mmap files in kernel space. If you think you need it,
> it is a sign of flawed design. Rethink your design in such a way that
> you don't need to access files.

You mean "use page cache instead?" Or do you mean that working with
files in kernel is a wrong thing altogether? I don't think so, e.g.
many filesystems store interesting information (such as directories,
for example) in files they do read and write into and what's more,
they usually do this through something quite similar to the memmap
approach. And so that is also my advice, have a look at how for
example minix works with directories and do something similar.

HTH

Martin Jambor