Re: Page Replacement in 2.6.10

Hi,
I agree... pid is not a good idea. So i thought of something else... the swp_entry_t. What i forgot was that this is only for anonymous pages... disk buffers and mmapped pages are not put on swap (right?). So, I'm looking at something else now... primarily the page->private field. I guess, what i need is an identifier to tag every page that leaves the cache... whether anonymous, mmapped or disk buffer. Unfortunately I cannot find such an id. Actually, this is all that holds me up... the rest of what i need to do is in place - mentally that is. :) So, I could really use a tip ;)
thanks
Rahul