Re: mkinitrd failed for 2.6.10

Octavian Purdila wrote:
On Thursday 10 March 2005 07:04 pm, sai narasimhamurthy wrote:

Hi,
I tried to boot the 2.6.10 kernel after making some
changes to it in .config. I got the "All of your
loopback devices are in use" error, as shown.

Do you have loopback support compiled on the running kernel? If you don't that's the problem. If you do, than you already have mounted through the loop device (with -o loop) the maximum number of filesystems.

tavi

Chances are, the problem is that you have installed a new loop module over the existing loop module. Are you trying to build and install the same version of the kernel that you currently have running, without modifying the name of the kernel (in top level makefile)? Been there, done that. If this is the case, your best bet is if you can boot off an older kernel to install the new one.

kr