Re: mounting and unmounting of /proc file system

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 14:02 +0000, sounak chakraborty wrote:

> I have found the answer
>
>     which file and function inside the kernel (is called) during the
> mounting of proc file system while system startup.
>   Is it do_mount?
>   NO, the mounting doesnt happen exactly in do_mount but in the
> function
>   void init  proc root init(void) in thr file /fs/proc/root.c
>     which ultimately calls the function register_filesystem defined in
> fs/filesystem.c
>     which takes 'proc fs type' structure as parameter
>

>     And in which function does the unmounting of the proc file system
>     during shutdown
> unmounting is done by the function unregister_filesystem
>
> thanks
> sounak

This is incorrect.  register_filesystem() is called when the module
"procfs.ko" is loaded.  This serves to tell the kernel "Hey, I am
procfs, you now know how to mount file systems of type procfs".  And
unregister_filesystem() is called when you unload the module.

--
Jason J. Herne <hernejj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>