Re: keyboard driver

Dhanashri Bhate (Dhanashrib@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to replace the standard keyboard driver with my own
> module ( which i have copied from kernel_module_programming guide
> by Peter Jay Salzman,Ori Pomerantz )
> i.e. module gets loaded properly, but on pressing any key, i don't
> see any message from got_char function. Don't know whether the handler
> is being called or not! i had put a prink in the handler function
> ( not sure its allowed or not!/) to see if control reaches there.
> But i don't see this in the /var/log/messages file.
> Kernel version is 2.4.18-14.
>
> am i missing something here?
>
> Pls Help!
>
> /* Bottom Half  */
> static void got_char(void *scancode)
> {
>         printk("Scan Code %x %s.\n",
>                         (int) *((char *) scancode) & 0x7F,
>                         *((char *) scancode) & 0x80 ? "Released" : "Pressed");
> }

The printk has no level. In this case, DEFAULT_MESSAGE_LOGLEVEL is used.
If the log level you have specified in your printk is less than
'console_loglevel', the message is printed.

I think this is due to this, you can not see your message.

Perhaps, I say some mistakes ;)

Have a good day.
--
	~Christophe