Re: Variables in task_struct:

Quoting __init <mnh.zone@xxxxxxxxx>:

> </usr/src/linux-2.6.x/include/linux/sched.h>

Oh sure, that explains it!  I suppose I don't need to know what the variables
mean or what they represent as long as I know their names.

Seriously, though.  I'd already found where they are defined in the source code
but I couldn't find anything on what the variables in a task_struct represent.
The only info I can find is Linus' original comments which don't go into any
detail and some descriptions on the web that don't really refer to any of them
by name.

I still keep thinking I should be seeing my messages in
http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/2005-02/  I think I'm subscribed but I
keep receiving the messages I send.  I guess that could be because I'm on the
mailing list I'm sending too.  I have received a few messages that look like
they're from people on the kernel newbies mailing list so maybe I am doing it
right afterall.