Desperate JBD question

Hi,

I've been trying to figure this out for days now and can't get it to work. For ext3 JBD has a commit thread that runs every 5 seconds. I have to make this thread run at arbitrary times, or at least perform the equivalent work. For those wondering why, it's for a research project. The important function here is kjournald which at the beginning creates on a timer which I suppose it waits on for 5 seconds. But I cannot find any code where the actual waiting happens. I have written code that lets me wake up an arbitrary thread and increase it's priority so that it should run, but some reason this isn't working with kjournald and I am really lost on how it is waiting/sleeping and why I cannot wake it up. I works just fine with threads that call sleep.

And if answering that question is too hard, does anyone know if there is documentation on JBD available anywhere? I've been reading through the source over and over but there is a lot there and it's pretty complicated code.

Thanks for the help,
Can

-- Kernelnewbies: Help each other learn about the Linux kernel. Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/kernelnewbies/ FAQ: http://kernelnewbies.org/faq/