Re: kernel 2.6.9 failure

On Sat,  5 Feb 2005 15:01:16 -0800, gl34@xxxxxxxxx <gl34@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > why don;t u recompile the kernel and check whether it happens once
> > again.Try out with a fresh config file...
> >
> > Pankaj
> >

> That's all you got?
> Do it again?
> See a doc.
> U r lame.

Yeps.I am lame.ANy issues u got with that??
How much time would u take to recompile a kernel by disabling some
suspected config. 20- 30 min at max.
It's better than debugging it for days just to learn why the hell is
it happening.And in the above case he seems to want to get his 2.6 up
and working.It is not a kernel development issue.
And please ,I offered my opinion . Ur comment was rude .
After all this is newbies list and i,as a newbie, offered a solution
.Most of the time even trivial solutions help than to think of it as a
complex problem.I solved some of the issues by recompiling with
suspected config disabled.And some of them who have responded have
solved it similarly.
I am not enforcing this solution on anyone .If the guy who has the
problem wants to give it a try let him do it.It's his choice.PLease
don't stop him from getting a solution by giving such rude comments
and making him feel that recompiling is a bad debugging technique.
Sorry for writing such a mail,but it definitely discourages a newbie
when someone on the list
writes such a rude mail.U could have said the same things in a
positive way.Ur comments are not helping anybody.
Hope this helps.

Pankaj