Re: Linux Kernel Development, Second Edition

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:31:16 +0100, Wallace & Gromit
<wallace.gromit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all, I have the first edition, is it still worth buying a copy of
> this new one?

Why stop at only one copy? :-) [ see the book website's humour ]

I think the discussion of the device model and sysfs probably
justifies purchasing this edition. Here's what I just said in issue 47
of http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/:

Robert Love released a new edition of "Linux Kernel Development",
revised and updated for kernels up to and including 2.6.10. This
edition is published by his new employer, Novell, and now includes
additional chapters on "Getting Started with the Kernel", "Modules",
and also the Kernel Events layer "kobjects and sysfs" that Robert has
helped work on. All in all, this promises to be a very interesting
read and worthy of a place on the reader's bookshelf - unfortunately
this title is not yet available in electronic form and has yet to
become widely available in European countries (we'll do a review just
as soon as we can get hold of it!). In the words of the books' author:
``You should buy a copy or two and carry them with you everywhere you
go''.

Jon.