RE: how to recover the kernel configuration in a running kernel without /usr/src

Title: RE: how to recover the kernel configuration in a running kernel without /usr/src

In fact I did follow the below steps ,It did work .
Before mailing I checked it .
We know that make mrproper cleans everything .
I did the same - just to make sure I moved the /boot/config-*** files away .Then did a make oldconfig . It never asked me a question .Acoording to the standard kernel doc what you said is correct .I wonder why did it work for me then. Where did it pick all the options from .
why did it work??

The reason for doing bzImage is once in a while compilation failed for "make modules" if I did  not do the bzImage , In the initial process of bzImage I assume it creates some dependancy files , we dont need to go through the entire process of bzImage.

Surya Prabhakar N
Wipro Technologies - UK.