Re: Re: problem with syscall macro

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 Jim Bauer wrote :
>On Thursday 13 January 2005 00:37, sounak  chakraborty wrote:
> > >Just reading what is probably the first sentence would make one
> > > think all you want is "cp /var/log/messages myfile".  Or perhaps
> > > you want syslogd to write everything it puts in /var/log/messages
> > > into another file as well.  If so see syslog.conf.  Trying to
> > > figure out what this has to do with syscall3 or with a kernel is
> > > making my brain hurt.
> >
> > exactly i want to scan through  the  log file and extract my useful
> > messages to myfile and this program will work as a deamon

>Then you certainly shouldn't need to use syscall3 or write any kernel
>code.  Except for the daemon aspect, grep might be all you really need.
sir
thnaks i have solved it
i was wrong syscall3 i not needed
i just simply changed the configaration of syslog.conf
but as you said "except the daemon aspect".
exactly what i have to do to make it a daemon
till now i have designed
as the whole messages are written in myfile.txt
one program will be there to eliminate all the old dated lines from the logfile myfile.txt
anather program which is a daemon will extract the useful messages from the myfile and send it to the application program
one problem arises that in this case when communicating with the application program 1.do i send the data with sockets or 2.i should make anather file which will be used by the application program as input.
what are your suggestion
will this architure is correct
or te time complexity is high for building the task manager which will work at real time
thanks again
sounak